I love goals.
I write mine down constantly. The goals for the day, the goals for the week, the goals for the year. This year I’m not just writing down goals.
I’m writing down things I WILL FINISH. They aren’t just things I’m going to work toward, and I didn’t make so many that I’d never be able to actually do them all… they are things I will be done with by this time next year. (Not to mention, that if the Mayans were right #finishyear has a way bigger meaning than just my goals :-))
Here they are:
1. Read through the Bible, journaling my thoughts and specific things that I learn.
2. Show my art at an art exhibition. First attempt: Customs House Museum. Due Feb 16, 2012.
3. PUBLISH my children’s book, even if that means self-publish and only 10 are run.
4. Write 10 new stories.
5. Exercise 3 times per week.
6. Read at least 5 books on the children’s publishing industry, marketing, writing, or illustration.
This is as a part of Jon Acuff’s initiative: finish year.
Read about it here and join the movement in these blog posts:
What do you want to accomplish in 2012?